Monday, April 30, 2007

The Value of Overseas Experience

Edward Prensky, an accounting and tax manager at Boyle & Co. P.A., in Frederick, Md., has some advice for young accountants:

"I would recommend working overseas to anyone," he said. "The experience taught me other peoples' perspectives on issues and problems. I learned about life under communism, food shortages and how they reacted to problems.

"I loved it, and I hope my daughters (Clara, 8, and Hannah, 7) are better for it."


Prensky was speaking to his local newspaper, the Frederick News Post, which recounts in some detail his years spent overseas, first with PricewaterhouseCoopers, then as a financial controller for manufacturer Reckitt Benckiser in Warsaw. All in all, it's an interesting career case study.

Tax manager brings European perspective to accounting firm [Frederick News Post]

No comments: