Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Finding Mistakes So You Don't Have To

Normally, I don't think of Robert Half as an outfit with a great sense of humor. But its Resumania Web site is a hoot. It's billed as a "place for real-life examples of how not to write a resume," and it lives up to its name. Skip the "retro" section, which has some nuggets you may well have seen before, and go to the "Hall of Fame" or "Online Resumania." My personal favorites:

QUALIFICATIONS: "Self-motivated, organized and detail oriented. High standards including attention to detail and quality of work."

EXPERIENCE: "Detailed-oriented saleman."

OBJECTIVE: "To be revered as a Goddess for my analytical skills; to be admired and talked about for my creative and elegant ideas; to work for a group that's still in it to have fun and make That Dream come alive; to be surrounded by good people who laugh often and whose own personal motivation inspires me; to forge consensus and sow encouragement in those around me."

"COVER LETTER: I am extremely loyal to my present firm, so please don't let them know I'm looking to change jobs."

Resumania

No comments: