Monday, December 10, 2007

Reality Check, Anyone?

Well, you may not want to hear this, but some headhunters call accountants "potted plants." The reason: You don't switch jobs very often. In fact, there's a perception in many quarters that accountants tend to stay at the same place because however uncomfortable the frying pan is, it's just got to beat the fire.

So imagine our surprise when our poll asking "How much career risk are you comfortable with?” got these results:
  • I would change jobs without looking back - 39%
  • If I see a good job, I go for it - 43%
  • I am often looking for another job - 11%
  • I look at job ads, but am afraid of getting caught - 8%
Better than 80 percent would change jobs easily? Really? I'm feeling like I'm being tweaked. If so many people will jump, how come so few accountants seem to be jumping?

No comments: