Thursday, May 24, 2007

Good Schedule If You Can Get It

Speaking of KPMG: It's so flexible, it's allowing one of its accountants to set up his schedule so that he can train for a bodybuilding competition. It wasn't physical fear that made them do it - I mean, the guy is 6-2 and weighs 230; I'd let him do it. But KPMG has its eye more on a broader audience: Gen Y'rs on its staff:

At KPMG he's getting them - and more: The firm has let him arrange his schedule to train for a bodybuilding competition, and he's on its tennis team. Even before that, KPMG got his attention when it agreed to move him to New York, his chosen city. "It made me say, 'You know what? This firm has shown a commitment to me. Let me in turn show some commitment to the firm.'" He pauses, a twinkle in his eye. "So this is a merger, if you will - Josh and KPMG."

Attracting the twentysomething worker [Fortune]

No comments: